[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] International wikipedias and phase 3 software

Giskart giskart at linux.be
Sun Oct 13 23:41:08 UTC 2002

Lightning wrote:

>Shouldn't wikipedias that have not been started be moved to the new
>software? I mean, there is nothing to change so it seems to me, right now
>would be the best time to do something like that since there is no content
>and It'd be easier to start them in the new software rather than in the old
>and then convert them....
>there seems to be a lot of them.. look here:
>http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Complete_list_of_language_wikis_avai
>lable

Good idea but disabel the "upload" function on those empty wikipedias
and place a notice to contact wikitech-l for this function.
This for preventing the misuse of a empty wikipedia. Or do we want a
"Pornopedia"? :-)

>Also can some pass this on to the international list, i suspect they might
>have some more views on this, but i really dont need the traffic from that
>list in my inbox.

I have the same problem that there are is a lot of  mulipost. This seems
the most "on-topic" for wikitech-l.

I send this to wikipedia-l and Intlwiki-l and wikitech-l  but please
change the adress when replying to only wikitech-l.

[folowup-to: wiktech-l at nupedia.com]

giskart