[Intlwiki-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] en.wikipedia.org vs www.wikipedia.org and the Wikipedia family

Lightning lightning at chaos-productions.com
Sun Oct 13 01:03:48 UTC 2002

> What language do I get if I click on Canada?
>
> What language do I get if I click on mainland China?  (You of course
> know that there is no such language as "Chinese.")
>
> Where do I click if I want Esperanto or Latin?

Well we can assume people have a certain level of intelligence I imagine.
And can look  at the bottom in the text links if they dont see their
language,  besides if the map is done right the whole map + text links
should be able to be seen without scrolling to most everyone. (aim for
640x480). Oh and if you putt your mouse over the map most browsers display
whatever is on the alt tag, or a tooltip thing, you can have that say the
name of the language in its own laguage how bout that.... sounds
reasonable.. anyone that argues with that is just being a pain  in the ass
in my opinion. there's no reason to be so picky and people really dont take
such offense to that.. I mean if you really want to stretch it, maybe Quebec
point to french...

seriously people... this whole political correctness stuff is getting to a
ridiculous level... people have a certain ammount of intelligence and
understanding... you cant please everyone

Lightning