[Wikipedia-l] Search results, markup and readability

Lightning lightning at chaos-productions.com
Sat Oct 12 19:53:15 UTC 2002

When i search for Miami this is my top result:

Miami (1897 bytes)
1: [[eo:Miami]]
3: ...ty in the [[United States]]. For other uses see [[Miami
(disambigation)]].''</font>

this is horrible, its a usabilty blotch. i't's just, very unproductive and
non friendly andj ust ugly really

I suggest we do this, stript the markup so we get :

Miami (1897 bytes)
 City in the United States. For other uses see Miami.

where "Untied States" is a hyperlink to United States, and Miami to the
dismbiguation page.. Much more readble, much more space efficient....
Baiscally what I am suggestion is to either parse markup (except for obvious
thinks like lists and == which would make it unreadable) or strip it out.
because the search results are not very readable

another option i ould like would be this:

Miami (1897 bytes)
 City in the United States. For other uses see Miami.
---also available in Esperanto, Spanish ......

as a result

Suggestions, comments? reasons this isn't so? or anything built upon these
ideas?