[Wikipedia-l] Vote: Mav for ambassador

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Oct 11 13:12:11 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:

> As I stated before, the URL thing is symbolic and each
> Wikipedia encyclopedia in my view should be treated as
> siblings. Granted the English Wikipedia is the oldest
> and largest but it shouldn't be vaunted as /The Main/
> Wikipedia with the other languages relegated to second
> class status in The Main WIkipedia's shadow.

I agree -- as usual -- with Maveric. He is the master diplomat, with a clear and sympathetic understanding of the issues.

I hereby grant to Daniel Mayer (aka mav) my proxy to represent me (Ed Poor) in any and all discussions and negotiations among English Wikipedians and those Wikipedians contributing in all other languages.

(signed)
Ed Poor