[Wikipedia-l] Moving the English Wikipedia to en.wikipedia.org

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Fri Oct 11 08:32:12 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 04:05, Krzysztof P. Jasiutowicz wrote:
> For the discussion to be productive please state :
> 1. what (other than domain names) signs of balkanization are there ?
> 2. what are you proposals to integrate other Wikipedias into one big
> Wikipedia so that avoid balkanization ?
I've written about both of these in previous emails, so to reiterate:

1. From a procedural standpoint: separate username spaces; separate
Recent Changes spaces; the wikipedia-l/intlwiki-l separation; different
grades of software; imperfect or non-existent interlanguage linking.
Many of these are actively being improved even as we speak, some of them
are not.