[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia Search - Strange Results

rose.parks at att.net rose.parks at att.net
Thu Oct 10 21:45:04 UTC 2002

Hi  Members,

     I went to try the new search on Wikipedia. I entered "JavaScript" as the
search argument and got back two entries:

1. JavaScript (47 bytes)
2. Javascript (47 bytes)

followed by a number of citations from articles.

The actual title of the article is "JavaScript."
The two articles are one and the same. I realize that the difference is in the
capitalization.

Is this the result we want? Two entries of the same article?

Further, if you look at the entries, they are clearly not 47 bytes, but much
longer - what happened?

                 As Ever,

                    Ruth Ifcher