[Wikipedia-l] Moving the English Wikipedia to en.wikipedia.org

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Thu Oct 10 19:47:14 UTC 2002

Jimmy Wales wrote:
> The Cunctator wrote:
>>I object strenuously. This is not a slam-dunk good idea at all. Please hold
>>off at least a good while before doing this.
>

> O.k., let's wait.
>
> What are the objections?

I ain't heard nobody but Cunc object so far, and he doesn't say why. I
await the reasons with bated breath, if he's got something better than
"the English Wikipedia needs a large pool of people working on it to
achieve neutrality and perspective, but I apparently don't give a rat's
ass about the contents of Wikipedia in other languages" to show for it.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)