[Wikipedia-l] CIA World Factbook

Thesmelialichu at aol.com Thesmelialichu at aol.com
Thu Oct 10 16:06:54 UTC 2002

Hi all, I'm a bit new so please be nice, I'm sorry if I inadvertently do
something wrong. I would normally lurk for a while, but I'd really like to
discuss this. Anyway, now that's over with.

Shouldn't facts and statistics taken from the CIA World Factbook be marked as
such with the year? Then the reader (or an editor) will know where then
information came from (which is important in my opinion when dealing with
facts) and if it is out of date or not. This is also useful for an editor. I
know it says so on the main country page, but not on the actual pages such as
economy of peru, and a user may come across these without going through the
main page. I realise we don't have to say where it came from as the CIA World
Factbook is public domain, I just think it would make the information that
bit more useful. Any opinions?

Alex Bradbury