[Wikipedia-l] CE / BCE (was: RFC on a few feature requests)

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Wed Oct 9 16:10:11 UTC 2002

Anthere wrote:

>Will you come make frowny faces to half of the french
>board next time it is jumping on the head of a
>logged-in user trying to defend a CE/BCE issue that
>stands no chance in front of conventions ? :-))

What *is* our convention on BC / BCE and AD / CE?

On the en: wiki, the year, century, etc pages are called "BC", but I
think a majority of articles use "BCE".
I bumped into an article specifically about the naming system, which
states that "BCE" and "CE" are now preferred, in general.

perhaps we should take our own advice?