[Wikipedia-l] NPOV and the israeli-palestinian conflict

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Fri Oct 4 21:18:01 UTC 2002

elian wrote:
>> It does seem relevant to examine what things, beyond the raw fact of
>> grievances, led to this reaction.  Part of this must be cultural and
>> religious (Islamic martyrdom).  And part of it is likely due to
>> differences in strategy and tactics on the part of Israelis?
>
>*calming down* From a scientific point of view this would be rather
>interesting to know. Perhaps in a common effort of psychologues, political
>scientists and islam scientists of wikipedia there could be written a
>neutral article about it. Any volunteers? A general article about the
>origins of terrorism?

In my not-so-humble opinion, terrorism results when people are reminded constantly that they have no voice in their own government.  As an aside, I'm rather surprised there hasn't been more terrorism inside the U.S. since the public was told exactly that in November 2000.  But, alas, I am not a political scientist, nor am I anyone famous & profound, so I'll continue leaving that out of wikipedia.  :-)

kq