[Wikipedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia; Negotiation

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 07:43:45 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 01 October 2002 11:58 pm, Stephen Gilbert wrote:
> I think such a negotiation would go much better if we
> were at least in the process of setting up a
> non-profit free encyclopedia foundation. Otherwise,
> the perceptions that the American megacorporation
> Bomis intends to turn Wikipedia into a vast
> money-making empire will remain.

I think you might be right about this. What is the status of the non-profit
Jimbo? The schedule for this needs to be moved up.

In the mean time I've been gathering everyone's great ideas (and
translations) and have pasted a quick and dirty synopsis over at;
http://meta.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml?title=Open_letter_to_the_Enciclopedia_Libre_group/Notes

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)