[Wikipedia-l] Propects for future growth

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Tue Oct 1 18:45:11 UTC 2002

At 01:49 PM 10/1/02 -0400, Ed Poor wrote:
>My church tried to create a "Unification Encyclopedia" several years ago.
>It was edited by Andrew Wilson, and was sponsored by one of the many
>non-profit organizations members of my church have set up (possibly the
>International Cultural Foundation).
>
>I wonder if it's even worth discussing the possibility of Wikipedia
>seeking sponsorship from the Unification movement. Of course, editorial
>independence would have to be guaranteed (no church slant allowed to creep
>in). I'm talking about a "no strings attached" kind of grant, maybe.
>
>I know people with money -- the question is whether this Wikipedia
>community could stomach an associaton with "those Moonies".

My feeling is that if/when we set up the nonprofit, anyone can donate as
long as they
understand that all they get is a tax deduction, if applicable.

I'd be strongly against the Wikipedia being sponsored by *any* religious,
political,
or ideological organization--they have agendas that don't match that of
this project.