[Wikipedia-l] Re: Policy

Gareth Owen wiki at gwowen.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 1 10:20:37 UTC 2002

The Cunctator <cunctator at kband.com> writes:

> When I said "lock down" I meant "prevent unauthorized edits". It doesn't
> matter if that prevention is done through technology or practice--it all
> amounts to the same thing.

If, as you have said:
a) Editing policy pages creates policy
b) Those who edit policy pages need not have their edit reviewed by any and
   all interested parties including (gasp) members of the mailing list.

Does it not follow that anyone can create policy by fiat?

Do you not think thats a bad thing, because I'd bet dollars to donuts that
almost everyone else with an interest in wikipedia's success does.
--
Gareth Owen
"Wikipedia does rock.  By the count on the "brilliant prose" page, there