[Wikipedia-l] Re: Policy

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Tue Oct 1 01:19:03 UTC 2002

The Cunctator wrote:

>Of course, the rest of you who subscribe to the mailing list clearly
>feel that it's necessary to lock down the policy pages, so vive la
>revolution!

Well, *I* certainly don't think that they need to be locked down.
I don't think that even [[Wikipedia:Policies and guidelines]]
needs to be locked down -- it's on my watch list, I'll fix it.
We just need to remember to be vigilant for suspicious edits,
like anonymous IDs, new users that we don't recognise, and you
(that is, people that may not know to discuss policy changes).
That should be easy enough; ensure accuracy and NPOV on these pages
just as on encyclopædia articles.

-- Toby