[Wikipedia-l] americanization

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Nov 21 14:48:41 UTC 2002

Lir,

I know the mailing list has been "spammy" recently, but you might want to take a look at Jimbo's e-mail. He didn't say that discussion of the rules is grounds for banning -- but only repeated violation.

No one talks about banning the Cunctator, although he questions the rules more often than any one else -- even you!

You have complete freedom on the Internet, anywhere you go. With the exception that the owner of the server hosting Wikipedia won't permit certain kinds of edits to the article database.

But any contributions to the encyclopedia project that fit the NPOV rules are fine, and we'd appreciate your cooperation on transliteration, too.

Ed Poor