[Wikipedia-l] americanization

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Nov 21 09:19:14 UTC 2002

Well most names like "Munich" were anglicized long before the USA existed.
Nowadays we anglicize less - we tend to leave the names of people as
they are; if  Spanish actor became an international star today, we might
call him Christobal Colon; but as it is we're left with past anglicization.

Do you think the French wikipedia should write "london" instead of
"londres"?