[Wikipedia-l] Fair use examples

Neil Harris usenet at tonal.clara.co.uk
Sat Nov 9 09:11:31 UTC 2002

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com wrote:

>Jimbo about fair use:
>

>>Even so, I want to give some good and challenging examples.
>>
>>My "first pass" would be these three:
>>

>(to which Imran added other good ones).
>
>I would add http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beatles_(album) which
>includes album photos which are *not* the album cover (though they're
>certainly well-known as being from _the White Album_).
>
>The page above also includes 'fair use' samples of six of the songs.
>
>kq

How about this as an idea: wiki-tags for fair use, like this

<fair_use>
Material that is being quoted under the fair-use provisions.
</fair_use>

There would be no display rendering for the tags, they would be metadata
only.
This way, the material is both flagged for editors, and can be searched
for by the software.

Neil