[Wikipedia-l] Is this a waste of time?

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Thu Nov 7 00:00:20 UTC 2002

I've been going back and forth on this Minoa/Minoan civilization thing with
Lir. Obviously, she is wrong. I have consulted with several people, including
a respected archeologist, though I don't know why I bother. She seems intent
on bringing a mad array of proofs, almost all of them web-based, including
computer games (though she is now excited that she found a proof in the Book
of Mormon). I can go back and forth in an edit war, but frankly, I've got a
lot better things to do. Nor is this the first time she has inserted
questionable information: Columbus and Iowa State are two examples. Frankly,
it's frustrating, especially when I actually go to the trouble to research
the subject. It seems like a huge waste of time, but I don't want to see
Wikipedia transformed into a joke either or have baseless "facts" empowered
just because of a user's bullying. Any suggestions?

Danny