[Wikipedia-l] Just blocked someone

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Wed Nov 6 20:07:13 UTC 2002

The Cunctator wrote:

>Toby Bartels wrote:

>>And why, Cunctator, if you're such an asshole,
>>do you continue to infect the world with your existence?

>That's a leading question. Why do you assert I'm such an asshole?

I like how you copied down even the word "such".
It contributes to the impression that you're a bot.
(Eliza would have copied down the word "such" just like that.
Actually, Eliza would have refused to talk about herself,
but switch pronouns and then it works.)

Anyway, I didn't support the statement,
because it was based directly on the content that I provided.
And it's a subjective judgement, I can't argue for it rationally.
(Also, I doubt that they would want to read such an argument.)
Let each person that read that context make up their own mind.

Of course, if your subjective judgement is different from mine,
then how can I expect you to answer my question?
But I don't expect that at all; it was a rhetorical question.
No response is required of you (the less the better, in fact).

-- Toby