[Wikipedia-l] Spinoff "newspedia" project?

Krzysztof P. Jasiutowicz kpj at gower.pl
Mon Nov 4 21:09:43 UTC 2002

On 04-11-2002, Giskart wrote thusly :
> Jason Williams wrote:
> >Has anybody considered a spinoff project dedicated to being a
> >"wiki newspaper"?
> You can always try it as an experimenting. Wikipedia however on the
> first place must be a encyclopaedia and should not try to play CNN.   I
> I see more usefulness in the establishment of a special wiki for
> collecting GNU/FDL photographs.  This project can support the
> encyclopedia with photographs.  http://foto.wikipedia.org ? If there is
> few support it can start at the MetaWikipedia.
I am in favour of other kind of "NewsPedia" - the news about all
Wikipedias, with language versions with _all_ major languages of
Wikipedias.
Something along the lines of the deceased Wikipedia:Wikipedia NEWS.
I think that it is essential to foster cooperation and unification
between Wikipedias as well as to open, at last, a proper avenue for
information exchange between Wikipedias.
We want to have one unified project, don't we ?

Regards,
Kpjas.