[Wikipedia-l] Re: Your message to Wikitech-l awaits moderator approval

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Fri Nov 1 08:17:20 UTC 2002

Toby Bartels wrote:
> Jimmy Wales wrote:
>>I am aware when such posts happen.  For regular contributors, I just
>>ignore them.  For newcomers, I try to respond.
>
> So if I accidentally send a post from the wrong From: address
> and it gets sent to you for moderation, then you ignore it?
> I'd much rather that you posted it!

Kind of annoying, yes... If you think you might do this on a regular
basis, you can sign up the other address to the list and put set it to
not receive messages from the list. There's probably a better way to
handle this stuff...

Anyway, I've changed the address listed in the "can't open database"
error message to the new 'wikidown chez bomis.com' alias, which should
forward to all the people with a login account on the server (and thus
who might have a chance at diagnosing and repairing the problem).

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)