[Wikipedia-l] Wikiproject

Manning Bartlett manning at bartlett.net
Wed Jun 19 20:28:29 UTC 2002

Tarquin et al

I've noticed a excellent trend towards achieving consistency lately. The WikiProject was an attempt to instill some consistency back in the days when achieving that was (software-wise) far more difficult. As you pointed out it did not adequately include naming conventions.

I think a namespace for such things would be beneficial. I actually don't care what the namespace, as long as it is easy to use. A "Wikiproject" namespace has a few arguments for it - it's obviously NOT an article topic (unlike "conventions" or similar). Also a lot of work has already been done using this name so changing it would take some editing.

Manning

  _--__--

  Message: 5