[Wikipedia-l] Sysop status

Jeroen Heijmans j.heijmans at stud.tue.nl
Wed Jul 31 15:15:02 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:

> I say Jeroen and Danny would make a great sysops. However I know Jeroen used
> to use the "vote for deletion" feature of phase II Pedia Wiki a lot and at
> least several of the entries submitted had to be removed from the deletion
> queue as not being valid for administrative removal. But I still trust that
> Jeroen will /not/ abuse the delete page sysop feature and when there is /any/
> question that a page should be removed that that page be first placed on the
> vote for deletion page for a day or two -- which is the general policy anyway.

Yes, I'm aware of that; it's actually the reason I didn't consider becoming a sysop before.

Also, because much of the deletions that do occur do not comply with the Wikipedia
policy on permanent deletion of pages (especially rule 6), I'm sometimes confused.
The vote feature allowed me to state my opinion without using a Talk-page; if somebody
disagreed (usually Maveric), that was fine with me. Which reminds me: LDC said on
Sourceforge that the voting feature needs to be discussed before it comes back. I agree
with Maveric that it should come back; any objections?

> Unfortunately, LDC never got around to porting the promote/demote feature of
> Phase II to Phase III, so Jimbo (possibly a developer) will have to promote
> you two. I'm sure nobody will object to your promotion.

LDC himself has already contacted me to do the job, so he's working on it.