[Wikipedia-l] Sysop status

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Tue Jul 30 17:59:20 UTC 2002

> I wanted to apply for sysop status and mailed Jimbo Wales, as
> mentioned on the page concerning the topic; he referred me to
> the list, however. Can any of you sysops judge if my "application"
> is valid? And then also fix the page concerning the topic?

I need to do some more work to the software to organize this process,
so we don't really have a formal process at the moment.  I remember
your name from several bug reports you've filed (thanks), and you
participate on the list and have a valid email address, so if you'll
confirm for me that you are wiki user "Jheijmans", and I'll fix you
up.

P.S. I also looked at your contributions page, and it's over half
Talk pages.  While they're certainly a necessary part of what goes on
here, we also have an informal tradition here (it was stated
somewhere once, maybe I need to put it into the policy pages) that if
you do a lot or "meta" stuff you should at least do a bit of work on
real articles to balance it out--edit some random articles, add a
short bio of someone, etc.  Sysops ought to set an example here.