[Wikipedia-l] multi-headed VANDALS

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Sun Jul 28 05:49:53 UTC 2002

On 7/28/02 12:14 AM, "Daniel Mayer" <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just blocked 3 IPs of a vandal similar to if not the same as the previous
> one. Both events involved more than one IP being used by a single individual.
>
> Please see http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Special:Ipblocklist
>
> One of the messages this person left was:
>
> "ADMIN, you gunna block every IP im on? ROFL.. don't waste your time ;) <3
> proxies ;)"

This is the problem with armsraces. SoftSecurity is usually better than
HardSecurity. (Though I don't know anything about this particular case.)
Usually "vandals" are in it for the amusement. And contributing to Wikipedia
can often be a more satisfying feeling, if it can be made to seem worth it.

What are the articles this person has been changing?