[Wikipedia-l] Re: Controversy flag on articles.

Vicki Rosenzweig vr at redbird.org
Sat Jul 27 14:54:48 UTC 2002

At 07:29 AM 7/27/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Neil Harris wrote:
>
> >(Name of issue here) is a [[controversial issue]], with widely differing
> >points of view...  &c.
>
>"'''Evolution''' is a [[controversial issue]],
>with widely differing points of view."
>
>"The '''theory of relativity''' is a [[controversial issue]],
>with widely differing points of view."
>
>"The '''heliocentric model of the solar system''' is a [[controversial
>issue]],
>with widely differing points of view."
>

>I think that an honest admission, in '' like disambiguation page notices,
>that the article is not *yet* NPOV is preferable.

Also, of course, "'''God''' is a [[controversial issue]], with widely
differing points of view",
"'''Democracy''' is a [[controversial issue]], with widely differing points
of view",
and so on for all religious and political topics.

Seriously. Evolution isn't half as controversial as whether Jesus is God.

--
Vicki Rosenzweig
vr at redbird.org
http://www.redbird.org