[Wikipedia-l] Re: Recent changes page

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu
Sat Jul 27 13:41:31 UTC 2002

Eclecticology wrote:

>What I really miss is not being able to use the back button to get back
>to where I was.  It now forces a reload whenever I do so.  I've noticed
>it most with Recent Changes, but I've also had it come up while editing
>a page.  My habit has been to use search to go to verify a page name
>when I'm trying to create a link from the page I'm editing.  Now when I
>back-button from the search results I get a brand new edit page with my
>partial edits deleted.

I've learned to *always* press "Preview" before leaving the edit page.
Then the only problem is if the connection fails for some reason
(probably a problem on my end, since it occurs with other sites),
in which case backtracking from the error page loses the most recent edit.

-- Toby Bartels
   <toby+wikipedia-l at math.ucr.edu>