[Wikipedia-l] The Enlightenment: Cologne Blue mockup article

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Fri Jul 26 19:24:38 UTC 2002

Neil Harris wrote:
> I am purely tweaking this for gross graphical layout, and seeing if the
> "ergonomic" sidebar is too big.
>
> Please let me know if this continues to look clean and nice, and whether
> something like this would be a good idea as a default skin, as and when
> it is completely debugged and cleaned-up.

The page overall is clean and legible, great!

However, my comments on the sidebar still stand; "Page options" and "My
options" are going to vanish off the bottom of my screen, which is
something I find frustrating in the current layout.

Still missing "Watch page" and "Talk page" links (on the current CB
these are under 'Page options'); also there needs to be a place to put
"Move page", "Delete page", and "Protect page" for trusted hands/sysops
(currently in Edit).

Also, one tiny style suggestion: I'd put the gray section headers in the
sidebar ('Find', 'Browse', etc) in sans-serif font to match the gray
sans-serif article title.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)