[Wikipedia-l] Ununbiium

Pierre Abbat phma at webjockey.net
Fri Jul 26 04:43:01 UTC 2002

I checked "most wanted" and found eight articles linking to "ununbium", which
as far as I can figure out is a misspelling, but is much more common on the
Web than "ununbiium". As far as I can tell, the temporary element names are
formed by stringing together the syllables "nil", "un", "bi", "tri", "quad",
etc., and adding "ium" to the end. If "ununbium" were correct, then element
122 would be unbbium, and element 222 would be bbbium, which can't be
distinctly pronounced. Does anyone have the definitive document on this?

phma