[Wikipedia-l] Image link to larger image

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Jul 25 00:02:17 UTC 2002

Pierre Abbat wrote:

> I just added the picture to [[Cornish Rex]] but it's not behaving right. The
> code I used is
> [[Image:CornishRexRopey-small.jpg|Image:CornishRexRopey.jpg]]
> which should show one image, and link to the other. Instead it shows one
> image, and links to the image page of the same one. How is it done? There's
> no explanation on editing help on how to do this. Also the text should flow
> around the image, and it doesn't.

Since the image automatically links to its own page I simply put the
larger version of it there - when someone clicks on the image they'll
see it.

I don't even try to get the text to wrap because I think the page often
looks neater if it doesn't wrap when you're putting a fairly large pic
in. I standardise my image size to about 300 or 400 pixels across
because again I think it looks neater if all the images match up in a
row.

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

You can take the dragon out of Alfandra, but you can never take Alfandra
out of the dragon (or the Kitty)...

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: