[Wikipedia-l] Re: Cologne Blue

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Tue Jul 23 22:49:33 UTC 2002

>> I''ll have a go at trying a redesign -- but a few questions:
>> * do I need permission of the original designer, or are
>> template designs GFDL/GPL too?
>> * is the code open? Do I need to be given access?
>> * last dumb question (honest!): where do I get it from?

Everything is either GPL/GFDL or public domain, so there
shouldn't be any ownership issues.  If you want to create a
new design, I'd suggest mocking it up first and pointing us to
the samples to get feedback, and only coding after that.
If it's a really good design, I suspect you'll get a lot of
help coding.  But if you do want to look at the code, go to
http://wikipedia.sourceforge.net