[Wikipedia-l] GPL Photos

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Sun Jul 21 04:46:27 UTC 2002

[GPL photos at http://gnuart.net incompatible with Wikipedia's GFDL]
I wrote:

> I've sent an e-mail to the GNUArt folks asking if they have an opinion
> on the matter... in the worst case, of course, we can contact the
> individual photographers and negotiate a separate GFDL license if
> they're willing. (Many of them have a contact e-mail address listed in
> the gallery.)

My question got forwarded to the GNUArt announcement mailing list
(http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/gnuart/ -- in French), so if anyone
does want to use an image from there, go ahead and e-mail the creator
thereof and ask for permission; at least they should know what you're
babbling about if you mention "GFDL" and "Wikipedia'. :)

I can categorize the image galleries, but I'm not sure they should go
into the list in [[Public domain image resources]], since they're not
unencumbered.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)