[Wikipedia-l] eBay Images

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat Jul 20 11:06:35 UTC 2002

The other day I was looking at silver pennies and silver denarius es on
eBay. I had got curious after working on some coin articles. Turns out
there are quite a few being offered on eBay of both at any time; usually
with two images of the coin.  Now, this is not about using the image from
eBay on Wikipedia.

What it is about is that in the case of collectibles or other items that an
eBay search for will generate a reasonable number of hits that one might
include in an article the information that an eBay search for "silver
penny" or "silver denarius" will yield a number of illustrated hits.

For example:

Silver pennies are a [[collectible]] and are frequently offered for sale on
[[eBay]]. To view silver pennies on eBay enter a search for "silver penny."

A link to an eBay search page is probably not too good as it will contain
information about your ebay cookies, unless you know how to remove that info.

Any comments?

Fred Bauder