[Wikipedia-l] page fragment links (was: Re: Numbered section headings within an article)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 02:45:59 UTC 2002

On Thursday 18 July 2002 04:31 pm, you wrote:
> It is also true that people will tend to write longer pages instead of
> splitting them up at a certain point.
>
> Please don't implement this "feature" (or better: please turn it off)
> before we have discussed enough about it. I think this could have
> consequences comparable to subpages, so we should think twice before
> using it.
>
> Kurt

Yes, I second this point. It is often a daunting task to chop up long
articles and their apparent "completeness" often discourages editing (or
even reading for that matter). A while back one wikipedian produced a mega
article on nuclear weapons and I have been meaning to chop it up into
digestible pieces ever since. Having the above function might very well
encourage longer articles.

--maveric149