[Wikipedia-l] Page fragment links

Kurt Jansson jansson at gmx.net
Thu Jul 18 22:37:02 UTC 2002

> I'd be happy to disable this feature for now (and another
> undocumented feature I won't mention :-)

Oh come on :-)

> but my first inclination is
> to leave it in and simply not document or encourage it.  That way,
> the only folks likely to use it are those who go out of their way to
> look for it because they really need it. And I /do/ think there are
> at least a few cases where its use is entirely appropriate.

Which ones do you think of? Maybe links to nearly static pages, like
[[NPOV]].
But I think we don't have many articles of this kind, so maybe we can
handle this like we do now, by pointing the reader explicitely to the
heading.

The problem is that most people learn the wiki syntax by reading the
source code. (I just browsed the NPOV page and learned how to link to
meta :-)
So sooner or later it will get used :-(

Kurt