[Wikipedia-l] what's being done about performance?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 13 09:29:20 UTC 2002

On Friday 12 July 2002 12:01 pm, you wrote:
> The developers seem totally clueless about performance issues. There is a
> constant focus on new functions, and none on performance and response
> times.

Much is now being done to remedy performance problems -- so I do believe what
you said is needlessly rude (even if there is a grain of truth to it).  This
is an issue that has crept up upon the developers as new features were added
-- many of which were asked for by the users.

Software development seems to often work a lot like article development  --
many new things are added by different people, but after a point the software
or article needs to be heavily edited and reorganized to resore efficiency
and flow (although, admittedly, the php software never was /very/ efficient
to my recollection -- it still rocks though).

--maveric149