[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia/Nupedia funding

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Wed Jul 10 21:52:06 UTC 2002

Jimbo wrote:

> We might earmark money to hire a fulltime editor again, although in the
> wikipedia system, this seems unnecessary.

In case anyone is wondering, I agree.  The continuing success of Wikipedia
in my absence--which doesn't surprise me--makes it hard to justify my
return as a paid lead/organizer of Wikipedia, at least not anytime soon
and not as long as the project is plowing ahead more or less as it always
has.  I'm under no illusions about that, and I'm happy for the project.
It's a great thing Jimbo has made it his hobby and is supporting it as he
always has.

Nupedia is a different matter, of course.

I'm still unemployed, by the way.

Larry