[Wikipedia-l] ahem... somebody thought they were writingJeopardyquestions!

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Jul 7 01:45:31 UTC 2002

Brion VIBBER wrote:

> Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> > BTW, the 'delete this page' option is very handy in the stub and orphan
> > list... but I really doubt that it belongs in the 'long articles'
> > listing.
>
> Well, if there were a page listed there with a length of several million
> bytes, you might well suspect it to be deletable material.
>
>  > It's rather dangerous! I doubt that the people who wrote
> > treatises on various things would like to see them casually deleted by a
> > passer-by or a troll...
>
> Passers-by and trolls haven't been granted sysop status, so don't have a
> "delete this page" option.

I wasn't sure whether that particular option was available to anyone
from those menus or just to sysops. And it's true that if the largest
file was incredibly long then you'd want it to go :)

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

You can take the dragon out of Alfandra, but you can never take Alfandra
out of the dragon (or the Kitty)...

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: