[Wikipedia-l] ahem... somebody thought they were writingJeopardy questions!

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Jul 7 00:19:34 UTC 2002

The Cunctator wrote:

> On 7/6/02 2:24 AM, "Karen AKA Kajikit" <kaji at labyrinth.net.au> wrote:
>
> > I'm currently deleting entries with no content and no links to them and
> > I found a rather 'interesting' stub.
> >
> > Title - Millions of worthless entries'
> > Content - What is the Wikipedia
> >
> > lol
> >
> > It's gone...
>
> I hope you added it to Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
> (http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/wikipedia%3ABad+jokes+and+other+deleted+nonse
> nse)

Alas it didn't occur to me! Or rather it did, but I couldn't remember
what the page name was where that junk went... somebody obviously made
it as a joke, but there were a lot more that were deliberate and crude
vandalism :(

I was very busy yesterday deleting empty pages and correcting poor
disabled redirects and deleting vandalised entries with no other
content, history or links... I really fail to see why some people find
it funny to take a blank entry and write an obscenity in it. There were
at least a dozen of them in the first page of the stub list...

BTW, the 'delete this page' option is very handy in the stub and orphan
list... but I really doubt that it belongs in the 'long articles'
listing. It's rather dangerous! I doubt that the people who wrote
treatises on various things would like to see them casually deleted by a
passer-by or a troll...

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

You can take the dragon out of Alfandra, but you can never take Alfandra
out of the dragon (or the Kitty)...

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: