[Wikipedia-l] New server ready for testing

Neil Harris usenet at tonal.clara.co.uk
Sat Jul 6 22:36:54 UTC 2002

lcrocker at nupedia.com wrote:

>Well, it's been an interesting week.  Many thanks to everyone who
>tested the new code and found lots of things for me to fix.  I ended
>up having to de-freeze the code and make some real changes, so I'd
>like to get another few days of testing before going live.
>
>The new server is at http://130.94.122.197/
>
>Please test it well.  It's also set up so that every access is timed
>and logged, so we'll be able to get some timing figures to use for
>tuning and profiling.
>
>0

I'm planning to post about 100,000 dummy articles to the new server,
each with about 50 links to other random articles which may or may not
exist.

Article titles for all of the dummy articlse will be of the form [[Dummy
article 50672]].

This is intended to stress-test the article submission mechanism and
database, and to test scaling to a larger Wikipedia over the longer term.

Neil