[Wikipedia-l] New server updates

Karen AKA Kajikit kaji at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Jul 5 10:10:50 UTC 2002

lcrocker at nupedia.com wrote:

> A few problems I thought were important enough to fix: the quickbar on
> Netscape 4.X (turned out to be an easy fix), additional page-bottom
> links, CB indenting of lists, some validation tweaks, and redirects in
> "what links here".  In this last case I made it recursive, showing
> three levels of links to redirects in-order.

Hmmm... let's see how it works. I don't know if these are bugs or
intentional so I'll just write what I see happening. :)

The sidebar is still a little dodgy in netscape. When I logged in the
sidebar was superimposed on top of the main text. Changing to 'floating
left' seems to have repaired the problem. 'Fixed left' works ok too.
'Fixed right' causes the display error.

'Random page' takes me to the same page every single time... I'm not
sure whether that's a bug or not.

There is text showing up in red here and there and I'm not sure why. My
favourite feature in the wikipedia is the ability to show up nonexistent
links in red - it jumps out at you from the page rather than your having
to search for little blue question marks... I can't find it in my
preferences, so I guess it's been removed from this version? Oh, Ok, I
just found it. It wasn't obvious to me that 'highlight links to empty
topics' meant 'show them in red'.

I made a test page via a link, but when I click on 'what links here'? It
says that there are no links to the page. The link did not show up until
I went back and edited the 'Interest' page again.

Something a little strange in a circular redirect. I linked from
'Interest' to 'Interested' which is a redirect to 'Intrest'. 'Intrest'
in turn redirects back to 'Interest'. Intrest now appears to be
uneditable. When I attempt to edit the intermediary page 'Interest'
shows up in the edit window.

Overall, it looks pretty good! Great work. :)lcrocker at nupedia.com wrote:

--

Karen AKA Kajikit

You can take the dragon out of Alfandra, but you can never take Alfandra
out of the dragon (or the Kitty)...

Come and visit my part of the web:
Kajikit's Corner: http://Kajikit.netfirms.com/
Allergyfree Eating Recipe Swap: