[Wikipedia-l] Paris and Disambiguation block

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Jul 4 09:44:04 UTC 2002

What I meant by the disamiguation block idea was this:

have the article for Paris, the city in France on the page [[Paris]]
with the block there.
The idea was that the principal article on Paris is on the simple-name
page, so at least a proportion of people following a [[paris]] link land
immediately on what they want.

I don't see much point in putting a disamiguation block on [[Paris,
France]] and making [[Paris]] a mere redirect.