[Wikipedia-l] New server

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Wed Jul 3 13:21:30 UTC 2002

I just started testing the new server, or I would have liked to, but is
really awfully slow. It repeatedly refused connection, and when it displays
pages at all, it does so very slowly.
I know that's not the fault of the script (it was much faster on the piclab
server), and not my Internet connection either (other sites work with normal
speed).
It probably ain't the new server, either. So, could it be the Bomis bandwidth?
That could explain the "getting stuck" of the current software as well.
Jimbo?

It just took a minute or two to save a "Sandbox" test. Very disturbing.

Magnus