[Wikipedia-l] New server ready for testing

Pierre Abbat phma at webjockey.net
Wed Jul 3 09:18:05 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 03 July 2002 02:05, you wrote:
> Well, it's been an interesting week.  Many thanks to everyone who
> tested the new code and found lots of things for me to fix.  I ended
> up having to de-freeze the code and make some real changes, so I'd
> like to get another few days of testing before going live.
>
> The new server is at http://130.94.122.197/
>
> Please test it well.  It's also set up so that every access is timed
> and logged, so we'll be able to get some timing figures to use for
> tuning and profiling.

In Netscape (which I tried first, intending to try to upload the Arabic-named
file which I couldn't in Konqueror), before I logged in, the navbar was on
the left and was separate from the main screen; after I log in, the main
screen is full width, and nothing on the navbar can be clicked, though it can
be seen.

In Konqueror, the navbar is on the left before logging in and on the right
after. Nothing is covered up.

Konqueror is 2.1.1; Netscape is 4.08.

phma