[Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Dec 11 21:18:16 UTC 2002

> > If a poster violates etiquette, for example by calling a reader a "poopoo
> > face", the moderator ought to chide them (in public or private, it doesn't
> > matter).
>
> Are you talking about a single moderators, or a team of moderators?
>
> If you're talking about a team, how will consistency be guaranteed?
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik

Nearly all posts should go straight to the list. It is only someone who who won't listen to reason whose list postings should be filtered by a moderator (or moderator team).
I guess if there are multiple moderators for a mailing list, it should be the same as having multiple sysops on Wikipedia itself.

Whoever takes action first will probably decide the issue. On the other hand, anyone can undo an action.

Like: any sysop can protect an article (as I have sometimes done), and any sysop can unprotect it (as Camembert has sometimes done). I presume that moderators won't start a "moderator war"!!! :-)

Ed Poor