[Wikipedia-l] Moderation

Lee Pilich pilich at btopenworld.com
Wed Dec 11 20:53:38 UTC 2002

At 18:43 11/12/2002 +0000, Jimbo wrote:
>Poor, Edmund W wrote:
> > Jimbo simply doesn't have the time, so I don't think he'd agree to do this.
>
>That's right.  Count me out.  :-)
>
>I'm not really supportive of the idea, either.

I don't like the idea either. It would slow down the pace of the list, and
I fear that a moderated list would only lead to more bad feeling, when
somebody who thinks they are making a legitimate point has their message
rejected because somebody else considers it a flame. And of course, that
bad feeling will spread to the wikipedia itself.

I understand why people want the list moderated - there's been a lot of
tiresome crap on here lately (there usually is). But if you don't want to
read a message, what's wrong with simply deleting it? Everybody can be
their own moderator that way, without having somebody decide what they
should and shouldn't read.

LP (camembert)