[flame] :-) Good idea, Brion [Wikipedia-l] My goodness, people!!! Aka WTF? (was Wikipedia and anti-Semitism)

Julie Hofmann Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 05:04:01 UTC 2002

Thanks, Larry -- and to those of you who feel I've spoken to you
unfairly, my apologies.  I'm just sick and tired of dealing with
patronizing attitudes like Erik's and people who ask me to defending
myself by proving negatives.  I've read through all of Erik's websites,
and there is an agenda.  I had hoped that most people here know me and
my work well enough to know that I don't have an agenda, except to put
out articles that are encyclopedic in the truest sense and to take
advantage of the immediacy of the technology to make sure those articles
are up-to-date in the presentation of generally accepted thought,
although perhaps reflecting newer trends than some people are
comfortable with.  The last sentence aside, I also try to make articles
readable ;-)  I don't by any means claim to be an expert in everything,
but I can generally tell you when something is basically false from a
historical perspective.  That was once thought to be a valuable asset.

Jules