[Wikipedia-l] Role of a sysop

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Dec 10 17:32:32 UTC 2002

> > BTW, I do not actually hold the position that, even if nobody
> >disagrees with the statement that Wagner was an anti-Semite, it should
> >be attributed. Rather, I asked Jimbo for a policy clarification on
> >this point. And got one, quite promptly. Whereupon I immediately
> >unprotected the page -- as promised.
>
> I'm doubtful that my ramblings really clarified anything.  But if you
> saw light, I'm glad to have been mumbling in the vicinity.  :-)
>
> --Jimbo

LOL! I nominate Jimbo for "king of the world" rights ;-)

Summing up:
* A sysop should not use his powers as weapons in a debate
* A sysop shouldn't use protection unless things have gotten way out of hand
* Let's all cooperate with good will and avoid factionalism

Ed Poor   <-- not frozen, but considerably melted