[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Intlwiki-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] HELP !

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Fri Aug 30 20:39:31 UTC 2002

Anthere wrote:
> Thank you for answering at least Brion. It is very
> nice of you. I was planning to leave u a message on
> the en.wiki. So I guess, it will be of no use. Neither
> public, nor private call for help seems to trigger any
> interest.

Anthere; prior to about April or so, the *only* people who were allowed
to ban IPs on the English wiki were Larry Sanger (who is no longer with
the project), and perhaps Jimmy Wales (who is quite busy and doesn't
answer as much e-mail as sometimes we like).

As a result, it's likely that very few (if any) of us have ever used the
Usemod banning function and know how to help in this case, and we've all
just been waiting for someone else to reply usefully.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)