[Wikipedia-l] ISBN links

Tom Parmenter tompar at world.std.com
Thu Aug 29 18:03:30 UTC 2002

|From: Brion VIBBER <brion at pobox.com>
|Sender: wikipedia-l-admin at nupedia.com
|Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:38:09 -0800
|
|Jimmy Wales wrote:
|> Fred Bauder wrote:
|>>The way it is now this coding "ISBN 0000000000" gives pricescan through the
|>>wiki software. To create an AddAll link you have to create a special link
|>>that works around the Wiki coding. What I want is to at least allow how to
|>>create a wiki link be in the ISBN article, but at best putting AddAll into
|>>the wiki coding instead of pricescan.
|>
|> Right, yes, what I meant was: maybe we should change the software so
|> that ISBN wiki code creates two links, one to addall and one to
|> pricescan.
|
|Perhaps the ISBN number might link to a dynamically generated page which
|will explicitly link to several such sites, listed by name?

|-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Why make it more complicated?

If AddAll includes used as well as new books, let's go AddAll.  Since
it isn't a link, but a service provided at a different level, we could
change it again any time a better choice for listing books comes
along.

Tom Parmenter
Ortolan88